#TALK: SCHEDULE OR GO WITH THE FLOW?
When it comes to Instagram there are many different approaches on how you can post on Instagram. There’s three types of posting if you ask me. Let’s break it down below.
1. The On The Dot
This person has the time & what they want to post written down ready to go go! A great example would be Ashley Olsen in New York Minute, this person is either looking at their diary to make sure they are on time or got that service automated for them to be on schedule.
2. The In-Between
I feel I fall into this category – I’m part scheduled part freedom. Only scheduling when necessary for collaborations or mandatory posting like my TALK sessions. Basically you know your marks but you are not so paranoid about them, I guess this comes from just being on Instagram so-so much I just know when I can go with the flow.
3. The Go With The Flow
Literally this person goes with the flow literally like you may have scheduled something but you might miss the posting time because eh? This person isn’t tied down to no schedule because they don’t need that pressure in their life.
Now do you feel you fit in there at all? I’m definitely in-between I can’t say I’m one extreme at all, I’m just constantly changing my approach to my life and how I create things. But being scheduled or on the dot honestly wouldn’t be too bad if you ask me, there is nothing with a plan. So I’ve written some pros and cons to scheduling your Instagram life.
A Scheduled Instagram Life Is A Planned Life
- You are never late – Which is a pretty glorious thing – this means you are well prepared. You know your routine and what people are expecting, which is great at perfecting your craft and approach to business.
- You know your prime times – as Instagram is changing you know what key times you schedule have changed and if they work anymore. This is an added bonus with the ever changing waves of Instagram.
- Routine – honestly this is one thing that everyone needs in their approach to business routine and surprisingly I still haven’t master it but if you have kudos to you! This will increase your efficiency to maximum especially if you do something else besides Instagram.
- You forget to be free – this maybe a personal thing but when I go heavy into a planned life I sometimes forget to loosen up and enjoy what I am doing. Because let’s be honest life is waaaayyy to short to be losing it over one Instagram post. So it’s always good to remember to be r-e-l-a-x.
- You force content – what do I mean by this you may ask? Well sometimes when you have times you “must post” you just put up any old thing and then regret it. Resulting in you taking it down and not being happy with it. Remember just because it’s “time” doesn’t mean you have to post.
- You might not grow – this again maybe a more person view point. But when I get started into a regiment I sometimes stick to “what I know” which in some cases is great but you need to grow. Just like Instagram changes you need to be ready for change when it comes.
Hope this has helped create a discussion or further an understanding for you. Let me know you thoughts in the comments!